Math 31 – Course Syllabus
Teacher: Mr. D. Martin School Phone: 342-4800 ext 263373
Text: Calculus: A First Course
Unit Estimated Classes
1) Limits and Rates of Change 10 6%
2) Derivatives 9 5%
3) Applications of Derivatives, Extreme Values 14 8%
4) Applied Max/Min Problems and Curve Sketching 13 8%
5) Trig Functions, Derivatives of Trig Functions 13 8%
6) Exponential and Log functions, Differential Equations 13 8%
7) Area, Integrals 11 7%
Unit Assessments 50%
Comprehensive Exams (2) 10%
Final Exam 30%
Punctuality: Students are expected to be on time. Late arrivals interfere with the class progress. Students are expected to come to class with their notebook, textbook, calculator and a pen or pencil.
Note: As Math 31 is equivalent to many first year college courses; you should try to build on individual work habits to be successful. The course material will be presented at a faster rate than other math courses and it is your responsibility to keep up and get help with material that you either miss or do not understand.